Different Conference Room Set-ups – Choose the One That is Right For YouPosted on 16th Mar 2021
Whatever the nature of your business, you will from time to time need to have meetings, large or small, formal or informal. Business centers in cosmopolitan cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad offer conference and meeting rooms along with their commercial office space, office space and serviced offices. These are available in different sizes and can be used for multiple purposes.
Conference rooms and meeting rooms are like quick-change artists. They can change avatars depending on the purpose of the meeting.
To configure conference and meeting rooms for a designated objective, different set-ups can be followed.
Here are some conference and meeting rooms set-ups that have been found to be successful for most requirements.
This is the classic set-up for a larger group (upto 30 people) depending on the size of the room. This tends to be a more formal set-up, with the leader at the head of the table and other participants on either side.
This style works well for presentations and video conferencing, with participants facing the screen before them.
In this set-up participants face the front of the room. Ideal for lectures but not so conducive to group discussions.
Hollow Square Style
This is a good choice for easy and efficient group discussion. It gives the moderator or facilitator the option of working from the centre of the space.
Here participants are seated around tables.Ideal for discussion over a meal. Best if each table is restricted to about eight participants.This set-up also facilitates movement between tables.
Auditorium (or Theatre) Style
This set-up is similar to the Classroom Style but is aimed at larger groups.More people can be accommodated in this configuration.
Factors to consider before deciding on which set-up to follow:
- The purpose of the meeting
- How many attendees expected?
- Is group interaction essential?
- Will there be a facilitator? It’s important that the facilitator be easily seen and heard
- Will the meeting need LED projection or video conferencing facilities?
- Tech requirements –for instance, is the power supply outlet conveniently placed?
Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse
Once you have taken all factors into consideration and decided which set-up would be best for
your purpose, rehearse, rehearse, rehearse. That is the only way you can anticipate problems and avoid surprises.
- The Newage Reasons for the Rise in the Demand of Flexible Workspaces October 19, 2021
- An Understanding of the Serviced Office Ecosystem October 5, 2021
- How Money Saver Plans at DBS Business Centers can help you cut your monthly overheads? September 7, 2021
- How Technology is making workspaces Smarter, Faster and Efficient! July 13, 2021
- What makes Lower Parel the Top Choice for Office Space in Mumbai? June 10, 2021
- About DBS (25)
- Business Centers (7)
- carbon credit (2)
- client Relationship (1)
- Conference Centre (21)
- coworking (9)
- DBS (48)
- DBS Club (13)
- DBS Women (9)
- Entrepreneurship (60)
- furnished office (1)
- Instant Office (23)
- Leadership (18)
- Marketing (3)
- Media (3)
- Meetings (20)
- Membership (8)
- News & Events (6)
- Offers (10)
- Office Pictures (3)
- Office Space (11)
- Office tips (60)
- Other (5)
- Press (6)
- Real Estate (3)
- Serviced Office (38)
- Shared Office Space (29)
- Start Up (27)
- Support Services (13)
- Teamwork (3)
- Time Management (17)
- Uncategorized (43)
- Virtual Office (31)
- Younger Boss (2)